What To Expect | Maternity Photography | The Pod Photo
What to Expect
The Studio Experience
Our 2,000 square foot, climate controlled, photo studio is designed with your convenience and comfort in mind. Relax, change and touch-up makeup before your shoot in the private client lounge as well as refresh yourself with a selection of gourmet snacks and drinks. Once you enter the shooting area, there will be multiple sets ready to go so that we can keep a fun, fast pace and keep everyone’s interest engaged.Expect to have fun and be yourself! We love to capture candid smiles, giggles and natural expressions that show true personality. Select from our plethora of boy and girl outfits, hats, headbands, tutus, ties, maternity fabric wraps and other carefully chosen accessories to further customize your photos. After all, who doesn't love playing dress up?
Scheduling Your Session
Please give us a call at 310-391-4500 to set up a consultation to meet in person and tour our studio before you book. We love getting to know you and your style so that we can design the perfect session for your family! If you are ready to book and are eager to get a date on our calendar, feel free to give us a call to confirm your appointment.
- A 50% deposit of the session fee is required at the time of booking. This fee covers the time of your session, talent of your portrait artist, the assisting team, your custom designed session and ordering appointment. The digital files are not included. This fee is non-refundable.
- Please note that we are generally fully booked several weeks in advance, especially for a Saturday appointment. Do not hesitate to give us a call if you are looking for an earlier appointment, since families often re-schedule unexpectedly that causes openings.
- Please give us a call in advance of giving birth (generally 1-3 months) to meet for a consultation and tour the studio. We will then reserve your due date on our calendar (we only accept 3 due dates per week) so that we know when to expect you and your new little one. Once the newborn arrives we will schedule the newborn session between 5-10 days from birth. If the baby is due soon or is already born, feel free to give us a call since we sometimes have an openings.
- We recommend that moms-to-be come for their maternity session between 30-34 weeks.
Preparing for Your Session
Prior to your photo session with us, we'll set up a pre-shoot design consultation at our studio or over the phone to discuss the details of your upcoming portrait experience. We will coach you on what to bring and wear, and discuss the backgrounds and accessories that will be used so that the session is totally customized to suit your style. We will also discuss the wall art and album display options we offer and other goals for how you plan to display your images.
After Your Session
Approximately two weeks after your photo session, you will be presented with your photos in our state of the art viewing room. Your ordering appointment is super fun and interactive and we will unveil the images from your shoot in a gorgeous slideshow then select your favorites with our easy editing software. For clients planning art for their walls, we have a design program that lets us mock-up wall art directly on the walls of your home and try out different framing options before you buy. Make sure that all the decision makers are present during your appointment since this is when your final decisions on what to order are made. The appointment typically takes 90 minutes. Please make arrangements for a babysitter for children under the age of 12. Our specialty is in helping you select the best images, photo groupings, books and frames that are suitable for your home, office or any gifts you have planned.
- As part of our customer service philosophy, we do not do online viewings nor share any images before clients come to the studio for their ordering appointment.
- Your portraits are ready for pickup 2-3 weeks after your order is placed. Custom items could take 4-6 weeks. Please allow us the time needed to provide you with the quality you expect!
- At the time the order is placed, please be ready to pay 100% of your total order. Orders are custom made and are therefore non-refundable. We take deposits in advance to help you budget, so feel free to space out payments.
- Following your ordering appointment, all non-ordered images are removed from our system. All ordered and paid for images are archived for up to thirty days.
If you need to re-schedule, please try to give us adequate notice. For cancellations with less than 24 hours, a $50 re-scheduling fee will be charged and a $100 "no-show" fee. We accept cash, check and Visa / MasterCard. Due to the custom nature of each portrait session and product, all sales are final.